WHAT ARE SNS NAILS? SHOULD WE TRY THEM? | Nail salon 60544
- 600 Views
- News | Nail salon 60544
SNS nails aren’t new, but they haven’t been hugely popular until recent years. If you’re looking to switch your fingernail game up a bit, find out everything you need to know about SNS—a new, natural option for nail enhancements.
1. What Is SNS?
SNS stands for Signature Nail Systems. It is a branded powder-dipping system, accompanied by a brush-on, gel-based polish. SNS comes in an array of colors and shades and consists of benzoyl peroxide, titanium dioxide, acrylic ester polymer, vitamin E and calcium.
2. How Is SNS Applied To Your Nails?
SNS nails rely on powder rather than layers of gel. The process of applying SNS nails is fairly simple. Let’s break it down:
- Your nails are filed and shaped then cleansed with a primer.
- The nail technician applies a coat of resin on the nail plate.
- Dips each nail into the coloured powder, and secures the colour with a bonding liquid.
- The process is repeated a number of times to create the required strength and structure.
- Finally there’s the glossy top coat to give the look its luster and shine.
It will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour for the SNS application. SNS nails cannot be infilled, so when you have regrowth you will have to do a full removal and re-application.
3. How To Remove SNS Nails?
The process of removing powder manicures is quite easy. Begin by removing the top layer of gel polish, and then soak your nails in acetone, generally no filing or buffing required. While acetone is the most effective method, it can irritate and dry your skin. You can use acetone-free nail polish remover if you prefer. A clever option is to stop in your local nail salon and have your SNS nails removed professionally. Never try to peel off your SNS nails, as this can remove the top layer of your natural nails, causing them to become brittle and break.
4. What Are The Benefits Of SNS Nails?
- SNS nails are incredibly easy to apply.
- There is no curing or setting under a LED or UV light.
- SNS provides a lightweight feel (thinner on the nail than acrylic). It’s a great way of getting a bit of extra strength in your nails, whilst maintaining a more natural-looking finish.
- SNS has nutrients inside the powder that help strengthen the bed of your nails rather than wear them down.
- Gives off fewer fumes. Less harsh on your natural nails.
- More resistant to chips and can last up to 3 weeks.
- SNS nails don’t just come in one style. Like any other polish, you can create beautiful designs that are totally worth showing off. There is an almost endless amount of colors and textures to choose from. With this nail technique, you can let your imagination go wild.
5. Should We Try SNS Nails?
SNS manicure is especially for anyone who is:
- Unhappy with the strong, acrylic smell that’s become synonymous with nail polish.
- Sensitive to chemical odors or have skin allergies.
- Nervous about the potentially harmful effects that the UV lights used to dry other types of polish can have.
6. How Much Does SNS Nails Cost?
Depending on where you plan to get your nails done, and how elaborate you would prefer the design, you can expect SNS manicure to range from $35 to $75 for a full set.
7. What Should You Be Aware Of SNS Nails?
- You may have to go in for a touch-up around 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, you will have to get the colour removed and start from scratch.
- Even though no UV or LED light and less filing of the natural nail is involved, SNS nails still require a gel base and top coat, which can be damaging to nails.
- Be sure that you go to a licensed nail technician or a professional nail salon to ensure minimal risk of infection and other skin issues.
And if you need any more help, please contact our nail salon 60544, we are always ready to help you look better - that's our mission